I’m Janet Zaretsky, The BS-to-Brilliance Master.
There’s nothing I love more than being with a roomful of great people (would love for YOU to be in that room) sharing strategies and real-life examples of how you can unapologetically and confidently express yourself – and succeed! – as the unique and powerful professional you are.
Just so you know what you’re getting when you book me to speak to your group or company:
• I’m direct.
• I have a wicked sense of humor and use it.
• I don’t have patience for airy fairy ideas – I’m about practical strategies that make a real difference and produce no-kidding results for you.
• And the biggest promise of all: I promise you won’t want to check your cell phone during the time we’re together.
Here are three of my most in-demand talks. And there’s plenty more where these came from – if you’re interested in a particular topic or would like to explore having a talk customized, let’s chat!
The BS Our Brains Feed Us
How to get your mojo back
You know those moments when you get totally triggered by something or someone and react badly? And then you can’t seem to shake it off?
It’s frustrating and embarrassing to realize you’re blowing things out of proportion, and yet the human brain is hard wired to get upset.
In this lively and highly interactive presentation, you’ll get complex brain science broken down into elegantly simple ideas and tips, including:
- why you react (and overreact) and how that dims your brilliance…
- how to break the grip of ingrained brain patterns and engage in meaningful dialogue…
- and the simple thing you can do to get your mojo back almost instantaneously!
How to Be Your Own BS Detector and Go Forth With Confidence!
Simple ways women can empower their future
Sometimes we can be our own worst enemies. All the doubts, the anxious wondering whether we’re doing a good enough job, always hoping no one finds out just how uncertain or insufficient we are.
Hellooo, are we done yet?! It’s time to stop the BS!
Learn the secrets to shedding the self-sabotaging thoughts and habits—unleash your inner powerhouse! This fun, empowering and highly interactive presentation includes:
- how to get past imposter syndrome or thinking you have to be perfect…
- the surprising culprit who’s been stealing your confidence…
- and what it REALLY takes to get paid what you’re truly worth and be the master of your career future.
Sorry, Not Sorry!
How to kick the career-crippling habit of reflexive apologizing
Have you ever paid attention to how often an apology pops out of your mouth in situations where it’s not only unnecessary but serves only to make you look and feel small? The way most women have been socialized to say “oh, I’m sorry” constantly is straight-up BS!
Even harder to spot, however, are the many ways we exhibit an apologetic way of being – in everything from meetings to email.
Fortunately, this self-sabotaging habit can be kicked. In this insightful, interactive presentation, you’ll learn:
- just how oblivious most of us are to how often we apologize for no reason…
- how to make the shift from apologetic to amazing…
- and the difference it makes for OTHERS when you don’t play small by being unnecessarily apologetic.
National Association of Professional Women
Young Women’s Alliance
Lean In Chapter of Entertainment Arts
Texas Executive Women in Government Conference
Women Communicators of Austin
Launch Pad Job Club Job Expo
Austin Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
Metropolitan Breakfast Club, Austin
South Austin Business Association
Brushy Creek Referral Network
Avery Ranch Referral Network
Texas Courier and Logistics Conference
National Association for Catering and Events Experience
Austin Women in Leadership
Financial Women in Texas Conference
Hear from Past Participants
– Tricia Brouk, NY
– Melissa Nance FWIT
“This session was by far my favorite! Every aspect was great – I especially like how she included scientific brain anatomy information and studies, etc. to support her presentation; nothing could convince me more. This workshop also had great interaction and actually was able to show a real-life example of how this positive methodology and thinking can be applied directly to your work and personal life!
The message and practice of this presentation are the most effective ways, in my opinion, to change your entire life, but in this context – to profoundly impact your experience and performance at work! I support this fully and admire the presenter. She did such a great job in every way, wow! I hope this workshop got the audience thinking and really considering the information, and I think it did based on the reactions of and the conversations with the people sitting around me. Thank you!”
– Participant at Executive Women in Government Annual Conference
“I learned how to take weak words out of my vocabulary – I will not say things like ‘just’ or ‘try’ or apologize for myself.”
– Participant in TEDX Lady Bird Lake
“I loved how she engaged the audience by walking into the audience and interacting with us.”
– Participant in National Association of Catering and Events Conference
“The breakdown in communication in the Ladder of Conclusions – this will really help me in better communicating with my spouse and business partner on business and personal topics!”
– Misty Marmolejo, Austin, TX
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWS AND TIPS FOR POWERHOUSE WOMEN
Get weekly no-BS articles designed to support your success in business and life.